WWE’s SummerSlam 2013 took place last night. In my opinion, it was the best show I’ve seen this year. But it was by no means flawless.
- Rob Van Dam defeated Dean Ambrose via disqualification.
- Bray Wyatt defeated Kane in a Ring of Fire Match with the Wyatt family interfering. The family then kidnapped Kane.
- Cody Rhodes defeated Damien Sandow.
- Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian, retaining the World Heavyweight Championship.
- Natalya defeated Brie Bella.
- Brock Lesnar defeated CM Punk.
- Dolph Ziggler and Kaitlyn defeated Big E. Langston and AJ Lee.
- Daniel Bryan defeated John Cena for the WWE Championship.
- Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship after Triple H hit Bryan with a pedigree.
To hear more on my thoughts on SummerSlam, check out Drunken Radio Presents: SummerSlam Nightcap.
Also from SummerSlam:
Some of the biggest stories coming out of the weekend following the SummerSlam event are reports of Alberto Del Rio being involved in fight involving Drew McIntyre. This would be the reason for Del Rio sporting a black eye during his match with Christian.
Reports indicate that Del Rio got into an altercation with patrons at a bar on Saturday night. The verbal confrontation became physical. Fellow WWE Superstar, Drew McIntyre got involved in the fight before security handled the situation and removed the two other patrons.
Also, it’s being reported that John Cena will be taking some time off to have surgery on his injured elbow. It’s being said that he will take a large chunk of time off to actually allow the injury to heal instead of returning early as he’s been known to do in the past.
What did you think of SummerSlam? Share your thoughts with a comment below!